Dear IAEP Members and Friends,
We hope you and those dear to you are well in these trying times.
We are writing with an update regarding IAEP’s planned conference this coming October.
As most of you know, we hold our conference in conjunction with SPEP (the Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy). SPEP, as the larger organization, has graciously organized meeting space, hotel rates, etc. for us for 20+ years now. As some of you will already know, SPEP, in response to the Covid–19 pandemic, has cancelled their conference, and with it ours, at least as planned for the weekend of 10–11 October in Toronto.
We and our Executive Committee are currently discussing how best to move forward. We are looking at various options (having a “live” conference at some other location, having an online conference, postponing the conference, cancelling the conference, etc.). There are, as you surely are aware, many unknowns about the fall, which makes planning difficult.
For those who submitted proposals for the conference, we ask your forbearance. We will be back in touch shortly with further information and what steps, if any, are required of you, e.g., letting us know whether you wish your abstract to be considered for a conference with potentially a different format, on different dates, or in a different location (or in no location at all!).
Thank you for your understanding.
Best wishes from both of us,
Jonathan Maskit and Janet Donohoe